Type of Award: One partial-tuition scholarships
Eligibility requirements: Full-time student from Southeast Asia or China, regardless of his or her country of ministry following graduation. Preference is given to applicants in the M.Div. or higher programs of study and preparing for full-time ministry.
Award period: One academic year. Award recipient must reapply for each academic year.
Award requirements: Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout period of award.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for US/Canadian Scholarship Applicants, or International Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the Walter and Helen Lee Scholarship.
- Provide two (2) signed letters of recommendation on letterhead, one from your pastor and one from another church leader or spiritual mentor (these letters are distinct from any letter of recommendation submitted for admission to the seminary and must be sealed).
- Write an essay of no longer than two pages (single spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins) stating your reasons for choosing Westminster. Include:
- Circumstances affecting your decision to come to seminary
- Your vision for future ministry
- Description of how your current ministry aligns with your vision for future ministry
- Include your name, phone number, address, and email address with the essay.
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
- Be available for possible interview (live/phone) with Scholarship Committee upon request.
Submission deadline: April 15th
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.