Requesting a Loan


Step-By-Step Instructions
Step 1

Please review the online booklet, Your Federal Student Loans: Learn the Basics and Manage Your Debt, to learn about the difference between private and government student loans, how much to borrow, how to manage your debt and repay loans successfully, and the consequences of default.

Step 2

Complete the Westminster Financial Aid Application:

For Summer 2016 through till Spring 2017
WTS Financial Aid Portal

Submit: On-line
Step 3

For US Citizens and Permanent Residents - Complete the "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA) available on-line.  Westminster's ID for reporting purposes is G03393.

Submit Form On-line



Step 4

Submit tax information (for U.S. citizens and permanent residents): 

  1. Electronically transfer your current year filed Federal Tax Return information to FAFSA, using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, OR
  2. Submit a Tax Return Transcript obtainable from the Internal Revenue Service's "Get Transcript" web-page. (An "Online" transcript is now available).

If you did not file taxes, complete:

Non-Tax Filer Worksheet, 16-17 (Summer 2016 onwards)



Submit On-line

Submit: Paper or PDF copy


Submit: Paper or PDF copy

Step 5

First-time borrowers through Westminster only:
Direct Unsubsidized Loan
: Complete the
Master Promissory Note for Direct Loans.

Graduate PLUS Loan borrowers: Complete the
Master Promissory Note for Graduate PLUS Loans
if you are seeking additional loan funds in excess of the total amount allowable from a Direct un-subsidized loan. (Do not complete the "Plus Request Process" on the website).

Submit Form On-line

Step 6

First-time borrowers through Westminster only: complete online loan Entrance Counseling (via

Submit On-line

Forms submitted as PDF or paper copies
(Tax Transcript, if taxes not transfered to FAFSA, and, if a non-tax filer, the "Non-Tax Filer Worksheet") should be submitted to the Financial Aid Office or emailed to

Forms submitted on-line (Westminster Financial Aid Application, FAFSA and, if applicable, Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling) will be sent directly to the Financial Aid Office.

Suggested Due Dateshere. Please know that although loans may be requested after the suggested due dates, if they are not approved by the tuition payment dates, you will need to have an alternative form of payment.