November 12, 2009
Westminster exists to form Christian leaders to proclaim the whole counsel of God throughout a changing world. Furthermore, we want the teaching our alumni received to be just the beginning of a lifetime of theological training. Thus we have created the Media Center for them and freely available to all.
We shall act to achieve this mission according to the following core values:
- The triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, is worthy of the worship of "all people in all places of His dominion" and this fact must be the fundamental motive for every human activity.
- Scripture, as "the very Word of God written," is absolutely authoritative and without error.
- Reformed orthodoxy, as informed by the system of doctrine contained in the Westminster Standards, represents faithfully and accurately what Scripture teaches.
- Biblical theology (in the tradition of Geerhardus Vos) and presuppositional apologetics (in the tradition of Cornelius Van Til) are among the crucial methods to be used in interpreting and applying the teachings of Scripture and in developing a biblical world view.
- A learned ministry set in the lifestyle of humble and "holy affection" for Jesus Christ is essential in today's church and world and must be modeled by the board, administration, faculty, and students.
- A fundamental mandate of the church, discipling the nations for the glory of Christ, requires culturally sensitive, theologically competent ministers who have both the ability and the passion to apply "the eternal word" of Scripture to "the changing world" in which God has placed us.
- Because "there is one body and one Spirit," all who would "build up the whole body of Christ" must "make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."