- Review the 5.2.1.a Annual Notification of Rights under FERPA information.
- Compare your Unofficial Transcript (in Self-Service) with the Degree Completion Worksheet for your degree program and the catalog section of your degree program.
- Complete sections 1-3 and 7-8. Complete Sections 4-6 if applicable.
- Submit this completed form during your registration appointment. (You should have signed up for a registration appointment during New Student Orientation.)
Full Name: _______________________________________________ Student ID:________________________
Full Mailing Address: __________________________________________________________________________
WTS Email:**email@example.com Phone (primary contact):_______________________
Program/Emphasis (check what applies):
|_____ ThM - Biblical Studies
|_____ ThM - Theological Studies
|_____ PhD - Hermeneutical & Biblical Interpretation
|_____ PhD - Historical & Theological Studies
** ALL EMAILS FROM THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE ARE SENT TO YOUR WTS EMAIL ADDRESS**
Section 2 - Financial/VISA Information: (Please check all that apply.)
- I am a J/F VISA student (please see Note 2 below): yes ____ no ____
- I have been awarded a Westminster Scholarship: yes ____ no ____
- I have applied/will apply for a loan for the upcoming semester: yes ____ no____
Section 3 - Expected Graduation Year: I expect to study...
ThM: □ Full-time, graduating in May, 2015 (1 1/2 yrs)
□ Part-time, completing my ThM in ____ yrs & graduating in May, 20____
PhD: □ Full-time, graduating May, 2019 (5 1/2 yrs)
□ Full-time, graduating in May, 20____ (< 5 1/2 yrs)
□ Part-time, completing my PhD in ____ yrs, graduating in May, 20____
(Per Catalog Sections 6.8.2.f & 6.11.3.a, max. program length: ThM - 6 yrs (half-time status); PhD - 8 yrs (half-time status). Program Extension approval is required from the appropriate field committee to continue beyond the max.)
Section 4 - Westminster Courses (please see Note 1 below)
SPRING 2014 Schedule
Updated February 21st, 2014
Section 5 - Independent Study Course(s): Students wishing to take an independent study course must submit an Independent Study Request form to the Registrar's Office during the registration period.
Section 6 - External Course(s): (Students in PhD - Historical & Theological field only)
Course(s) to be taken at another accredited seminary or university. Student must submit an External Course Request form.
Section 7 - Student Privacy Rights:
I have read the Annual Notification of Privacy Rights under FERPA. Yes _____ No _____
I am submitting a Request to Withhold Directory Information. Yes _____ No _____
Section 8 - Advisor Information:
Advisor Name: _____________________________________________ Appt (Date/Time): __________________
Student's Signature:_________________________________________ Date:____________________
- Check all course descriptions for limitations.
- Per Catalog Section 5.1.2, students on a J or F VISA must study on a full-time basis, with the maximum number of semesters of study as follows: ThM – 4; PhD – 12. During coursework phase, full time is defined as three courses per semester. After coursework phase, full time is defined as the first semester after all coursework is completed through the sixth year in the program (PhD) and the first semester after all coursework is completed through the second year in program (ThM). Per the catalog, if the student has transferred from the ThM to the PhD or from the PhD to the ThM, the date of the student's matriculation into the initial program will be used to determine the number of years in the program. (See Sections 6.8.2.f and 6.11.3.a of the 2013-2014 catalog.)
Westminster Theological Seminary, P.O. Box 27009, Philadelphia, PA 19118, Fax: 215-887-5404, firstname.lastname@example.org