The purpose of the George Sinclair Scholarship is to propagate and defend, in its genuineness, simplicity and fullness, that system of religious belief and practice which is set forth in the Confession of Faith and Catechisms of the Presbyterian Church of America in the form they possessed in 1936 and as stated in the charter granted to Westminster Theological Seminary on March 31, 1930, under an Act of the Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Type of Award: 50% of tuition of a fixed 12 credit course load for fall and spring semesters only (for a maximum total award of 50% of tuition for 24 credits per academic year).
Eligibility requirements: Full-time MDiv students who have:
- Undercare status as a candidate for ordained ministry in a PCA or OPC Presbytery
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Subscribed to the Westminster Standards
Award period: One academic year only. Award recipients must reapply each academic year.
- Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 3.0 throughout award period.
- Take PT221 and one of the following: PT311, PT332, PT343 or PT373 during the course of your study.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for US/Canadian Scholarship Applicants (being sure to answer questions 22-26 on the Westminster Financial Aid Application).
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the George Sinclair Scholarship.
- Sign a Sinclair Statement of Subscription to the Westminster Standards, using the same pledge that is required of voting faculty members of the Seminary (and re-subscribe annually as long as the applicant receives this award).
- Attach a letter from the stated clerk of your PCA or OPC Presbytery stating that you have come undercare as a candidate for ordained ministry. (If you are not currently undercare, you need to indicate that you will come undercare by the start of the Fall semester and submit the undercare letter by the start of the Fall semester).
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
Submission deadline: April 15th
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.
For the Sinclair Statement of Subscription, click Sinclair Statement of Subscription