Type of Award: Competitive, non-need based award for $10,000 tuition scholarship
Eligibility requirements: Entering (first-year) full-time MDiv student who:
- Is committed to seeking ordination in either the PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) or the OPC (Orthodox Presbyterian Church)
- Has a college GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Subscribes to the Westminster Standards
Award period: First (entering) academic year only.
(Upon successfully coming “under care” of a PCA or OPC presbytery, award recipient will qualify to apply for the George D. Sinclair Scholarship or M.Div. Ministry Scholarship for the following academic year.)
Award requirements: Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 3.0 throughout award period.
- Must first be admitted to the M.Div. program at Westminster. (For information on how to apply for admission, please see Applying to Westminster).
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for US/Canadian Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the George Sinclair Scholar Award.
- Provide two signed letters of reference, one from a PCA or OPC Ruling or Teaching Elder on letterhead and the other from another church leader or spiritual mentor.
- Write an essay of no longer than two pages (double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins) stating your hopes for ministry in the church as a pastor, teacher, missionary or evangelist in the PCA or OPC. (Include your name, phone number, address, and email address with the essay.)
- Sign a Sinclair Statement of Subscription to the Westminster Standards, using the same pledge that is required of voting faculty members of the Seminary (and re-subscribe annually if the applicant receives the George D. Sinclair Scholarship in subsequent years).
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
Submission deadline: April 15th (or until scholarship is awarded)
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.
For the Sinclair Statement of Subscription, click Sinclair Statement of Subscription