Type of Award: One full-tuition scholarship
Eligibility requirements: Entering full-time MDiv student preparing for full-time pastoral and preaching ministry. Preference is given to applicant who intends to minister in an urban environment.
Award period: Award year through completion of MDiv program (graduation) (Recipient must reapply each year to verify eligibility)
- Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout period of award
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for US/Canadian Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the Joseph F. Ryan Scholarship.
- Provide two (2) signed letters of recommendation on letterhead, one from your pastor and one from another church leader or spiritual mentor (these letters are distinct from any letter of recommendation submitted for admission to the seminary and must be sealed).
- Write an essay of no longer than two pages (single spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins) stating your reasons for choosing Westminster (with your name, phone number, address and email address). Include:
- Circumstances affecting your decision to come to seminary
- Your vision for future urban ministry
- Description of how your current ministry aligns with your vision for future ministry
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
- Be available for possible interview (live/phone) with Scholarship Committee upon request.
Submission deadline: April 15th
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.