The Mephibosheth Endowed Scholarship Fund was established by the late Peter DeKorte of Hawthorne, New Jersey. Mr. DeKorte, a successful businessman who had a disability, established this scholarship fund out of gratitude to God for all he had done for him. He wanted to share some of the blessings he had received from our loving God. He named the fund "Mephibosheth" since "he too had dined at the King's table" (2 Sam. 9:13).
Type of Award: Partial-tuition scholarship
Eligibility requirements: Students with physical/sensory disability in any program of study
Award period: One academic year (Award recipient must reapply each academic year.)
Award requirements: Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout award period.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for US/Canadian Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the Mephibosheth Scholarship.
- Write an essay* of no longer than two pages (single spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins) stating your reasons for choosing Westminster. Include:
- Circumstances affecting your decision to come to seminary
- Your vision for future ministry
- Description of how your current ministry aligns with your vision for future ministry
- your name, phone number, street and email addresses
- Formal documentation* of physical or sensory handicap.
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
- Be available for possible interview (live/phone) with Scholarship Committee upon request.
*Essay and documentation (items 3 & 5) are required only the first time student applies for award. These items are not required with applications in subsequent years.
Submission deadline: April 15th (or until scholarship has been awarded)
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.