Type of Award: Up to two scholarships of $10,000 each
Eligibility requirements: Full-time student from Mainland China who plans to minister in China upon the completion of his/her studies. Preference is given to applicants in the M.Div. program.
Award period: Award year through completion of program (graduation) (Recipient must reapply each year to verify eligibility.)
Award requirements: Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout period of award
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for International Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the Mainland China Scholarship.
- Provide two (2) signed letters of recommendation on letterhead, one from your pastor and one from another church leader or spiritual mentor (these letters are distinct from any letter of recommendation submitted for admission to the seminary and must be sealed).
- Write an essay of no longer than two pages (single spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins) stating your reasons for choosing Westminster (with your name, phone number, address and email address). Include:
- Circumstances affecting your decision to come to seminary
- Your vision for future ministry
- Description of how your current ministry aligns with your vision for future ministry
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
- Be available for possible interview (live/phone) with Scholarship Committee upon request.
Submission deadline: March 1
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.