Type of Award: Full-tuition grant (need and merit-based)
Eligibility requirements: Entering (first year) promising M.Div. students who:
- Have demonstrated leadership in an urban church from a historically non-reformed tradition
- Are supportive of the reformed faith
- Intend to pursue full-time pastoral ministry
Academic merit will be a weighted aspect of the award.
Award period: from awarding year through completion of MDiv program (Recipients must reapply each academic year to verify eligibility.)
- Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout award period.
- Awarded students are required to write two (2) Thank you/Progress letters to the Scholarship/Grant Committee during the academic year of award, one due November 1 and the other due April 1. Click HERE to review the standard format for these letters.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for US/Canadian Scholarship and Grant Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the Leadership Development Grant.
- Write an essay of no longer than two pages (single spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins) stating:
- Your reasons for choosing a reformed seminary generally and Westminster in particular
- What reformed thinkers or ministers have contributed most to your understanding of theology and ministry
- Your vision for future ministry
- Description of how your current ministry aligns with your vision for future ministry
- Include your name, phone number, street and email addresses with the essay
- Two signed letters of reference on letterhead, one from your pastor and one from another church leader or spiritual mentor (letters must be sealed)
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
- Be available for possible interview (live/phone) with Scholarship/Grant Committee upon request.
Submission deadline: April 15th (or until grant is awarded)
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the grant.