The SooYoungRo Scholarship is an annual tuition award made by SooYoungRo Church of Seoul, Korea.
Type of Award: $5,000 (estimated) tuition scholarship. (SooYoungRo church sets aside $20,000 each year for several tuition scholarships. Actual award amount is determined by the church.)
Eligibility requirements: Entering (first-year) or returning but entering a new program, full-time, Korean or Korean-American students.
Award period: One academic year
Award requirements: Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout period of award.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for US/Canadian Scholarship Applicants, or International Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the SooYoungRo Church Scholarship.
- Provide a copy of your curriculum vitae or resume.
- Fill out the SooYoungRo Questionnaire (in Korean or English). On the questionnaire, include your name, phone number, address, and email address.
- In a cover letter, include your name, phone number, address, and email address.
- Submit application, curriculum vitae or resume, questionnaire and cover letter to the Financial Aid Office.
- February 15th for International applicants
- March 31st for US/Canadian applicants
You will be notified by the Financial Aid Office whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship. Notification for this award can be as late as August or early September. Therefore, you need to plan your finances accordingly.
For the SooYoungRo Questionaire, click SooYoungRo Questionnaire