The Psalm 90 Scholarship was established in memory of Buddy Stride, who was killed in a tragic automobile accident while a Ph.D. student at Westminster.
Type of Award: Partial-tuition scholarship
Eligibility requirements: Student from France in any program of study who:
- Has a clear commitment to the Reformed Faith
- Lacks sufficient funds to pay tuition
Award period: One academic year. Award recipient must reapply each academic year*.
Award requirements: Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout award period.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for International Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the Psalm 90 Scholarship.
- Provide two (2) signed letters of recommendation on letterhead, one from your pastor and one from another church leader or spiritual mentor (these letters are distinct from any letter of recommendation submitted for admission to the seminary and must be sealed).
- Write an essay* of no longer than two pages (single spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins) stating your reasons for choosing Westminster. Include:
- Circumstances affecting your decision to come to seminary
- Your vision for future ministry
- Description of how your current ministry aligns with your vision for future ministry
*Essay is required only the first time student is applying for award. Award recipient is not required to write essay for subsequent academic years.
- Include your name, phone number, address, and email address with the essay.
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
- Be available for possible interview (live/phone) with Scholarship Committee upon request.
Submission deadline: March 1st (or until scholarship has been awarded)
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.