Type of Award: Competitive, non-need based full-tuition scholarship.
Number of Awards:
- 3 MDiv scholarships (General or Pastoral emphasis preferred)
- 1 PhD scholarship (in Historical and Theological Studies, with focus in Apologetics)
- 3 Certificate scholarships (in Christian Studies)
Eligibility requirements: Entering (first-year) MDiv, PhD or Certificate student who:
- Holds at least a Bachelor's degree in mathematics, the natural/physical sciences (e.g. Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Physics), computer science or engineering
- Is interested in studying science and apologetics and in communicating the fruits of study to fellow Christians and in the public square in whatever ministry or career path taken after graduation
- Intends to study full-time (preferred)
Award period: Award year through completion of degree program (Recipient must reapply each year to verify eligibility)
- Maintain full-time status (preferred) and minimum GPA of 2.50 throughout period of award
- Submit application for admission to the relevant program (MDiv, PhD, or Certificate) at Westminster. (For information on how to apply for admission, please see Applying to Westminster.)
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for US/Canadian Scholarship Applicants (skipping steps 2 and 3) or step-by-step instructions for International Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the Huff Science Scholarship.
- Write an essay of no longer than two pages (single spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins) indicating your goals for studying science and apologetics.
- Submit two signed letters of reference, one on letterhead from a professor, pastor, or qualified acquaintance (subject to the approval of the Financial Aid Office), who can indicate your potential for analyzing and communicating ideas in apologetics of science, and the other from another church leader or spiritual mentor (letters must be sealed).
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
Submission deadline: April 15th
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.