The purpose of the James and Irene Huey Scholarship for International Students from Ireland is to provide seminary training in the Reformed tradition to students wishing to minister in Ireland upon graduation in either the Church of Ireland, Presbyterian or Methodist church.
Type of Award: Full tuition (up to $16,500/year).
Eligibility Requirements: Full-time MDiv student who:
- Is an International Student from Ireland (Republic or Northern) who desires to return, upon completion of degree, to minister in Ireland for 5 years in either the Church of Ireland, Presbyterian or Methodist church.
Award Period: One academic year only. Award recipients must reapply each academic year.
Award Requirements: Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout award period.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for International Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the James and Irene Huey Scholarship for International Students from Ireland.
- Submit a written statement of no more than 500 words addressing the following questions:
- Circumstances affecting your decision to attend Westminster Theological Seminary,
- Your calling to ministry in Ireland,
- A description of how your current ministry aligns with your vision for future ministry.
- Provide two (2) signed letters of recommendation on letterhead, one from your pastor and one from another church leader or spiritual mentor (these letters are distinct from any letter of recommendation submitted for admission to the seminary and must be sealed).
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
Submission deadline: March 1st, or until suitable candidate is found.
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.