Type of Award: Two scholarships of $5,000 each.
Eligibility requirements: Students of Taiwanese background (including Taiwanese Americans) who intend to minister in Taiwan upon graduation from Westminster. Preference will be given to full-time M.Div. students, but part-time and students enrolled in other programs may also be eligible.
Award period: One academic year. Award recipient must reapply for each academic year.
Award requirements: Minimum GPA of 3.0 throughout period of award.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for US/Canadian Scholarship Applicants, or International Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the Loman Chen Memorial Scholarship.
- Write an essay of no longer than two pages (single spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins). Include:
- Circumstances affecting your decision to come to seminary
- Your vision for future ministry in Taiwan
- Description of how your current ministry aligns with your vision for future ministry
- Your name, phone number, address, and email address
- Details about your family and church
- Provide two signed letters of recommendation on letterhead, one from your pastor, and another from a church leader of spiritual mentor (these letters are distinct from any letter of recommendation submitted for admission to the seminary and must be sealed).
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
- Be available for possible interview (live/phone) with Scholarship Committee upon request.
Submission deadline: April 15th
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.