The James M. Boice Award was established by Tenth Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Philadelphia, PA.
Type of Award: $12,000 per year for tuition (balance for living expenses)
Eligibility requirements: A first or second year international MDiv student from a nation with which the sponsoring church, Tenth Presbyterian Church, has ministry ties. First preference will be given to a student who:
- Intends to serve in a long-term pastoral or other ministry capacity in the Turkic world or
- Comes from or dedicates him or herself to service among the adopt-a-people group currently selected by Tenth Presbyterian Church
Award period: From first year through completion of program
- Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout award period
- Meet with the Global Outreach Commission of Tenth Presbyterian Church twice each year and participate in its annual Global Outreach Conference, held each October
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for International Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the James M. Boice Award.
- Write an essay of no longer than two pages (single spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins) stating your reasons for choosing Westminster. Include:
- Circumstances affecting your decision to come to seminary
- Your vision for future ministry
- Description of how your current ministry aligns with your vision for future ministry
- Your name, phone number, street and email addresses
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
- Be available for possible interview (live/phone) with Scholarship Committee upon request.
Submission deadline: Until scholarship has been awarded.
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.