Here at Westminster every effort is made to keep Westminster students' expenses as low as possible. Because of gifts from friends of the seminary, students pay only a portion of the real cost of their education. However, we understand that the cost of obtaining a quality education is still significant. Therefore, our goal is to provide financial assistance to those students who, without such assistance, would be unable to benefit from a Westminster education.
The Financial aid office is here to help you. Please let us be a resource as you consider the types of financial aid available. May God bless you as you seek to be a wise steward of His gifts.
NEW for 2016
We are excited to announce that the WTS Financial Aid Portal is now available for:
NOTE: The US/Canadian student financial aid application for the 2016-17 academic year will be available soon.
- Current students to view their financial aid for the 2015-16 academic year.
- International (non- Canadian) students to apply for a grant or scholarship for the 2016-17 academic year. (Note: Students accepted to the MTE program are not eligible to apply).
types of aid available
Other Sources of Aid for veterans and service members
For general information about Westminster's degree programs and using your education benefits please see: Information For Veterans and Service Members. If you have served as an AmeriCorps Volunteer, see Segal AmeriCorps Education Award.
A resolution you can keep
Financial Peace University will be offering a transformational nine week money management course on campus this spring! Designed by Dave Ramsey, this course will give you the tools to effectively steward your financial resources.
Details and sign up and questions.
- Eligibility for financial aid: For most grants and scholarships students need to be enrolled full-time (a minimum of 12 credits each Fall and Winter/Spring semester). Loans students may be enrolled half-time.
- Awarding philosophy: Westminster awards grants and scholarships in the spring preceding the start of the academic year. Loans are originated per student's request, in the summer of the academic year.
- Quick links: Costs and Funding Options Managing Your Finances Financial Aid Office Seminars
| Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 12pm / 1pm - 4:30pm
Location: Machen Hall, behind the Information Desk
Staff: Financial Aid Staff
Address: Financial Aid Office, Westminster Theological Seminary
P.O. Box 27009, Philadelphia, PA 19118
Tel: 215-887-5511; 1-800-373-0119