CENTER FOR THEOLOGICAL WRITING
PROGRAM SCHEDULE - Spring 2013
Writers' Circle meets Tuesdays, 1pm-2pm, in Van Til Rm. 5. Feel free to bring your lunch.
2/12 - Reading for Systematic Theology. ST readings can be lengthy and dense. At this session, learn proven techniques for reading efficiently and retaining what you've read.
-- BIBLE SOFTWARE WEEK --
LOGOS BIBLE SOFTWARE - Mon., Feb. 25
- Dr. J. B. Hixson from LOGOS leads an overview of Logos: 1pm-2pm, Van Til Rm. 5
- Join the free evening training seminar, 6pm-9pm, Van Til Rm. 5
BIBLEWORKS - Tues., Feb. 26
- BibleWorks marketing director Jim Barr takes us through BibleWorks: 1pm-2pm, Van Til Rm. 5
- Join the free evening training seminar: 6pm-9pm, Van Til Rm.5
ACCORDANCE - Fri., March 1 and Sat., March 2
- Representatives from Accordance lead an overview of their software: 1pm-2pm, Van Til Rm. 5
- Join the free all-day training seminar: Saturday, March 2, 9am-6pm, Van Til Rm. 5 (Registration required)
CHOOSING AND USING BIBLE SOFTWARE - Tues., March 5
- CTW Tech expert David Landow leads this follow-up session comparing BibleWorks, Logos, Accordance, and free alternatives.
3/12 - Accurate and Efficient Citation. Focus on how to incoporate another author's words or ideas into your writing and how to document correctly and efficiently.
3/19 - Writing and Ministry. A panel of writers and pastors will dDiscuss the relationship between writing academic papers and writing for ministry and the kinds of writing students should be prepared to do once they leave seminary.
4/2 - Fine-Tune Your Writing. Learn about effective thesis statements; unified, persuasive paragraphs; coherence; and other keys to high quality writing.
4/9 - Logic and Argumentation for AP 213. Discuss logical rules and tools for crafting an incisive and effective argument for the Ap 213 paper.
4/16 - The Hermeneutics Paper. Student approaches to organizing and writing the paper for NT 123.
4/23 - PTC 243: The Reinterpretation Paper. Learn how to use relevant details, provide an incisive critique of an opposing view, and introduce a pointed, gospel-driven reinterpretation.
4/30 - Editing and Revision: Focus on Concision. Acquire the skills to write clear, concise, effective prose that gets your point across with ease.
The readers' group will continue reading Dostoevsky's Brothers Karamzov this spring (2013). To join, email Leslie Altena at email@example.com