Professor of Practical Theology, Emeritus
- B.S., Haverford College, 1953
- M.Div., Princeton Theological Seminary, 1956
- Th.M., Westminster Theological Seminary, 1962; Th.D., 1964
- M.B.A., Babson College, 1976
Teaching and Work Experience:
- Pastoral ministry, Maryland, 1956–1960, Alabama and Minnesota, 1966–1971, Massachusetts, 1973–1976, and New Jersey, 1999–
- Professor of Bible, Northwestern College, 1963–1966
- Associate Professor of Preaching, Reformed Theological Seminary, 1971–1972
- Executive Director, National Presbyterian and Reformed Fellowship, 1976–1983
- Westminster, 1978– .
- A Sourcebook of Mercy for Deacons (editor)
- Good News for All Seasons; Practical Theology and the Ministry of the Church
- The Voice from the Cross; In Search of a National Morality
- Serving and Challenging Seniors (editor).
- “The Life of Jesus, After The Ascension,” Westminster Theological Journal, 1994
- "He Heals All Your Diseases (Psalm 103:3)," byFaith (Winter, 2008)
- "An Exhortation: Rejoice in Old Age," Equip for Ministry (November, 2004).