Those not seeking to earn a degree from Westminster may register for courses as a Special Student. Students from other seminaries or graduate schools may also take courses as special students for transfer back to their institutions.
The following items must be forwarded to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed Special Student application form
- Application fee (see section 8.3.c)
- A completed Church Reference form
- Evidence of having earned a baccalaureate degree (copy of transcript or diploma)
- Students whose native language is not English need to meet the same TOEFL and TWE requirements listed in section 5.1.1.
Deadlines and late fees for Special Student applications are the same as for applications to regular programs. Applicants will be notified promptly as to their admission by letter from the Director of Admissions.
To be admitted to Westminster as a Special Student, please see section 5.1 General Requirements for Admission. Special Student Level 1 status permits the student to register for masters level courses for the equivalent of one academic year only. Special Level 2 status permits the student to register for advanced level courses for the equivalent of one academic year only. To continue studies beyond one academic year, admission to a regular degree program of the Seminary is required.
Financial Aid is not available to Special Students, and in most cases international students cannot be granted visas as Special Students.